The Dentist: Part One

 Thursday, November 10, 2011


Tomorrow I am getting my wisdom teeth removed. I am opting to do "partial sedation" during the procedure and have tons of paperwork to fill out in order to acknowledge the risks involved.

I must admit, I am feeling pretty nervous.


Especially as I go through all this paperwork and see all the different things that could/might/but probably won't go wrong. And then there is this statement in number two that is really bugging me….

#2. I understand that conscious sedation is a drug induced state of awareness and decreased ability to respond.
 My ability to respond normally returns when the effects of the sedative wear off.

Can someone tell me where the emphasis is supposed to go in that last sentence?

Should I read it as...

A. My ability to respond normally returns when the effects of the sedative wear off.

                           -OR-

B. My ability to respond normally [but not always] returns when the effects of the sedative wear off.


1 comments:

Karen November 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

How are you feeling? Are you "normal" yet? ;)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP