May Madness

 Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around this, but it seems May 2012 will be the last month of my 20's. That's right, at the beginning of June, I will turn 30. Thirty Years Old.

I was babysitting yesterday afternoon and overheard a fascinating conversation between two of the girls as they sweetly played in the cul-de-sac.

Livvie: (Age 8) Noo! I don't want to be old!
Bella: (Age 9) Well it would just...
Livvie: Noo! I don't want to be 30.
Bella: Well...
Michelle: (Age 29) Uhhh Livvie come here just a sec.
Livvie: Yeah?
Michelle: Did I just here you say "you don't want to be old"?
Livvie: Yeah.

Michelle: Mhhhhmm because you "don't want to be 30"? 
Livvie: Uh - Yeah.
Michelle: Hmm... I am going to be 30 next month.
Livvie: Hahaha!!! REALLY?!?!? You're really going to be 30?
Michelle: Uh - Yeah.
Livvie: (still giggling a little) Well, Bella gets to be 23 and it's not fair. She's trying to make me be 30 and I don't want to be old.

After I stopped laughing, I had to stop and think for a minute.

And I am still thinking.

I definitely don't want to dread my 30th birthday - as if someone is making me be 30...making me be old.

Instead, I would love for May 2012 to be an incredible month for me. I don't know what the month has to hold, but I do know I want it to be an extraordinary time of personal, emotional, and spiritual growth. At the very least --- maybe I will do one thing that is extra fun, something else that is super brave, and a few things to keep me laughing and thinking all at the same time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP