Fairyland

 Tuesday, June 28, 2011

For the past seven years, I have heard over and over again how amazing Germany is. My husband lived there from the time he was 8 to the time he was 16 and talks about it all the time. During our daily conversations, it's not uncommon for him (or his brother) to interject a statement about Germany. I often get to hear exaggerated creative comments such as...


  • "The trains in Germany are NEVER late. You could set your watch by them."
  • "Oh Biltmore Estate is nothing, you should see the castles in Germany"
  • "Wow. I can't wait to go back to Germany so that I can eat their bread. It's the best bread I have ever had in my entire life"
  • "Even the cows in Germany are better. I mean look at how pretty those spots are. You don't see spots on cows like that in the United States..."
My sister-in-law and I heard so much praise for Germany that we decided the entire country needed a special code name in order to describe it obviously magical qualities. We soon dubbed it "Fairyland" and have been teasing our husbands about it ever since.

For the past five years, the Wells family has been trying to plan a big trip to Fairyland, but have never been able to coordinate a good time in our schedules. About a year ago (long before we had a clue we would be moving to Boston) we decided the magical date would be June of 2011.

It was a huge undertaking to plan such a long European vacation before our big move...but we gladly accepted the challenge and had a fabulous time. I hope to be able to write more about our adventures soon - but I will start with a few highlights to summarize the trip.

First of all, I will say that Germany really is a gorgeous country. I can see why my husband and brother-in-law talk about it so much and I hope we are able to go back one day.

however

It really turned out to be a lot more "normal" than I had imagined (although I have to admit, the cows were gorgeous). And I will have to say, even in Fairyland...

Husbands still have allergies...



Babies still don't like taking baths...



I was still dead tired...



and Addison was still teething.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP